The regular paper based money order service of the post office seemed a time consuming, expensive and inefficient approach of remit money to any part of the country. There was a demand for quick transfer of money to locations where the beneficiary can collect and use it instantly. With this perspective in view, Bangladesh Post launched a new money order service named Electronic Money Transfer Service (EMTS), commonly known as Mobile Money Order Service. This fulfilled the expectations of people to remit the desired amount of money to their near and dear ones so as to utilize when they need. This is mobile as well as web based remittance service available in all important post offices of the country. The sender can send the money within a minute and recipient/beneficiary can collect it instantly. Both sender and recipient get confirmation of the remittance and disbursement as soon as it is made in their mobile phones.
This service is available in all important post offices of the country. Presently 2750 post offices provide the EMTS which is covering all district, upazilla/thana and important/busy rural post office locations. Every month hundreds of post officials are being trained and the service is expanded to those locations.
Bangladesh Post maintains a server and call centre to monitor and support the service. All Electronic Money Transfer Service locations (post offices) are equipped with computer, internet connectivity and/or mobile phones which are used to send the issue or payment request to the server.
Procedure: The sender goes to the post office and fills up an issue form (EMO -1) giving required information like sender name, address, mobile phone number, recipient's name, address mobile phone number, amount of money to be sent etc. The post office staff sends the information to the central server through the computer or official EMTS mobile phone. When the request is accepted and confirmed by the server through issuing SMS generating a 16 digit unique PIN to senders mobile phone and a separate confirmation message is sent to issuing post office. The sender shall inform the recipient to collect the money from his/her nearest post office. The recipient goes to the post office and again fill up the disburse form (EMO-2) and claim the money showing the PIN. The post office counter operator verifies the information given by the recipient from server with those used earlier by sender; if everything is match the disbursement procedure is made. As soon as the disbursement is completed the sender is again confirmed by another SMS generated by the server.
1. Remittance in a minute
2. User Friendly- adoption of mobile phones & applications
3. Maximum Area coverage: Locations distributed throughout the country
(Presently 2750 POs), to be expanded to all Post Office locations
4. Transaction security ensured by a 16 digit auto PIN generation mechanism
5. Independent of Mobile Operator-customer enjoying mobile operator's service can use this service.
6. EMTS devices not specific to power sources like electricity -have freedom of using any Source of Power (electricity, battery, solar charger)
7. Ensure customer satisfaction- Daylong well acquainted Help Desk Service
8. Optional Corporate Services:
A) One 2 Many transactions-Option for Salary Disbursement
b) Many 2 One Transactions- Option for collection of tution/Admission fees from students
9. Location Independent Disbursement
10. Widely used Network Partner- Banglalink Mobile Operator
11. Database Management and Security-VPN Connectivity
12. Scope to add new value added service and future expansion
|আমার সোনার বাংলা|
আমার সোনার বাংলা,
আমি তোমায় ভালবাসি|
|Amar sonar Bangla|
Ami tomay bhalobashi
|My beloved Bengal|
My Bengal of Gold,
I love you.
চিরদিন তোমার আকাশ,
আমার প্রাণে বাজায় বাঁশি।
Chirodin tomar akash,
Amar prane bajae bãshi.
Forever your skies,
Your air set my heart in tune
As if it were a flute.
ফাগুনে তোর আমের বনে
ঘ্রাণে পাগল করে--
মরি হায়, হায় রে
অঘ্রানে তোর ভরা খেতে,
আমি কী দেখেছি মধুর হাসি।।
Phagune tor amer bone
Ghrane pagol kôre,
Mori hay, hay re,
Ôghrane tor bhôra khete
Ami ki dekhechhi modhur hashi.
In spring, O mother mine,
The fragrance from your mango groves
Makes me wild with joy,
Ah, what a thrill!
In autumn, O mother mine,
In the full blossomed paddy fields
I have seen spread all over sweet smiles.
কী শোভা, কী ছায়া গো,
কী স্নেহ, কী মায়া গো,--
কী আঁচল বিছায়েছ
নদীর কূলে কূলে।
Ki shobha, ki chhaya go,
Ki sneho, ki maea go,
Ki ãchol bichhaeechho
Nodir kule kule.
Ah, what beauty, what shades,
What an affection, and what tenderness!
What a quilt have you spread
At the feet of banyan trees
And along the banks of rivers!
মা, তোর মুখের বাণী
আমার কানে লাগে
Ma, tor mukher bani
Amar kane lage
Are like nectar to my ears.
Ah, what a thrill!
If sadness, O mother mine,
Casts a gloom on your face,
My eyes are filled with tears!
মা তোর বদন খানি মলিন হলে
ও মায় আমি নয়ন জলে ভাসি
আমি তোমায় ভালবাসি|
Ma tor bodonkhani molin hole
o may ami noyonjole bhashi
ami tomay bhalobasi!
- Go to the TNT Office that overlooks/manages the extension or area you are located in and get the application form for a new telephone from the official staff. You can also Download and Print THIS FORM.
- Fill up the form accordingly.
- Provide 4 copies of attested passport size photos and attested photocopy of the Passport or Voter ID of the owner of the telephone.
- Provide 3 copies of the filled up application form as well.
- Submit the forms along with the photos and necessary documents at the Telephone Branch of the TNT Building.
- The official staff will inquire about you and your location and also calculate the amount of wires needed to establish the connection. You may have to bear the cost for the wires needed (contact the official staff).
- You will have to pay at the appointed bank to issue the Demand Note and purchase of the telephone line. Contact the official staff for information regarding the payment and location and name of the bank.
- After receiving the Demand Note, the connection should be established within a week. If it is not or you want to be connected faster, get in touch with the official staff.